Friday, October 12, 2012

Innocent People?

"Suppose you were to ask me, 'What happens to the innocent guy in the middle of Africa who dies without ever hearing the gospel?' My confident answer to you, based on the authority of God's Word, would be, 'I believe he will undoubtedly go to heaven. There is no question in my mind.' Now, before some label me as a heretic (and others label me a hero), read back over that last paragraph. Look especially at the hypothetical question: 'What happens to the innocent guy in the middle of Africa who dies without ever hearing the gospel?' The reality is, the innocent guy in Africa will go to heaven because, if he is innocent, then he has no need for a savior to save him from his sin. As a result, he doesn't need the gospel. But there is a significant problem here. The innocent guy doesn't exist...in Africa or anywhere else. I am always amazed at how we bias this question concerning people who have never heard about Jesus...There are no innocent people in the world just waiting to hear the gospel. Instead there are people all over the world standing guilty before a holy God, and that is the very reason they need the gospel."

David Platt, Radical

No comments:

Post a Comment