Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Desiring Less to Have More

"Part of the death that leads to righteousness (Romans 6:16) as you die young is learning to die to your desire for stuff-the definition of stuff being anything other than God. And while stuff isn't inherently evil, the position we give it in our hearts can be. Face it-less isn't something most of us are excited about getting, unless it's less of something bad. 'Dear God, give me less good stuff' has probably never been your prayer."

Hayley & Micheal Dimarco, Die Young: Burying Yourself In Christ

Prayer Challenge: Ask God to reveal something that exists in abundance in your life. It may be clothes, shoes, tools, money, toys, furniture, books, etc...Anything, really. Then ask God what He would have you do with those things that you could be a blessing to someone else. Remember: Having less is actually more! Learn to let go of "stuff".

1 comment:

  1. God was speaking to me about this just this morning. Challenging me to be more conscious of where my coffee comes from. Not just at home, but at work too. I guess he really wants me to do that.

    ReplyDelete