Monday, March 12, 2012

Deeds from Creeds

"I have said it before, and I'll write it here again: we need another Reformation-and this one needs to be about deeds, not creeds. Many have misunderstood me and and said, 'Oh, he doesn't believe in creeds!' I believe in creeds. I preach on creeds with frequency. But the issue is not creeds alone. Creeds must be turned into deeds. It's not one or another. It's both. We must do and teach the kind of behavior that goes with sound doctrine. We must be doers of the Word. We only believe the parts of the Bible we actually do. You may say, 'I believe in witnessing.' Do you do it? No? Then you don't really believe in it. 'I believe in tithing.' Do you do it? No? Then you don't really believe in it...We only believe what we actually do.

Rick Warren, from his chapter in Thinking. Loving. Doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment