Monday, November 29, 2010

Moore for a Monday

The following excerpt and prayers are taken from Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. I pray that you will be reminded that God loves you with an unfailing love! Enjoy.

"A precious friend of mine, Danice Berger, helped me compile many of the scriptures I rewrote into prayer...She was experiencing a very difficult season in which the issues of feeling unloved, insecure, and rejected were almost overwhelming. She knew the answers were right there in God's Word, but sometimes our hearts are in such pain that we are resistant to risk exposure long enough to receive them. Not only is Danice a school teacher, she is a serious student of God's Word. The Holy Spirit prompted me to call her and ask her to research scripture on the topics of feeling unloved and rejected by others...I basically dared her to do it. She took the dare...The results? Danice did her homework...and in the midst of it, she discovered the same unfailing love that had been there all along. This time she lifted the empty cup and let Him pour."

"Lord God, help me to trust in Your unfailing love; cause my heart to rejoice in Your salvation. Help me to sing to You, Lord, for You have been good to me!" (Psalm 13:5,6)

"How I thank You God, that You will heal my waywardness. You love me freely." (Hosea 14:4)

"My Savior, Jesus Christ, Your Word says that greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You have demonstrated the greatest act of friendship in my behalf that exists. I thank You, Lord." (John 15:13)

"You, the Lord my God, are with me, You are mighty to save. You will take great delight in me, You will quiet me with your love, You will rejoice over me with singing!" (Zephaniah 3:17)

"O Lord, because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me." (Psalm 63:7,8)

"I call to You, God, and You save me. Even if I cry out in distress evening, morning, and noon, You will never fail to hear my voice." (Psalm 55:16,17)

No comments:

Post a Comment